Nuisances/Abatement Department

The citizens of the City of Richmond work hard to maintain their properties. They take great pride in their community and encourage high property maintenance standards. The City Council adopts the ordinances that this City enforces. It is the will of the City to accept, investigate, and resolve complaints. When appropriate, effective action will be taken to address and correct the complaint. It is important to recognize the difference between a complaint and a suggestion, observation, question, neighbor dispute, or simply a call pointing out a hazard or safety issue. The complaint form will need to be printed, signed and sent to the Community Development Department. CLICK HERE FOR COMPLAINT FORM.

If you need to Report a Problem, please use the form below.

If you have questions regarding code requirements or a possible violation, call the Community Development Department. Every Report is kept confidential.

Report a ProblemIf this is an emergency call 911.

Grass and weeds, trash, garbage, swimming pools, unlicensed or inoperable vehicles, dangerous buildings are just a few of the violations this department handles. To view a complete list of Ordinances, click here.

Please be as specific as possible about the problem and its location.

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

 Pot Hole Cemetery Issue Blight Sewer Water Limbs Down Trash Service

Location and description of problem, please be as specific as possible: